- Let’s make our day harder – video
- 23 ½ hours – video
- Canada Physical Activity Guide
- Physical activity - Public Health Agency of Canada
- Active for Life – physical literacy resources for parents
- Canadian Association for the Advancement of Women and Sport and Physical Activity
- First 6 Weeks breastfeeding support.
- The Breastfeeding Community of Practice for those interested in creating a breastfeeding-friendly culture in Nova Scotia. This is one example, to find out about a group in your community, contact your local public health department
- Le Leche League of Canada
- Support networks exist for breastfeeding moms around the province. Learn more about the opportunities in South West Nova Scotia or contact your local public health office to find out about a group in your community.
- Loving Care resources for parents of children from birth to age three, developed by Nova Scotia’s Department of Health and Wellness.
- Health Information about early childhood and school aged children and youth from the Healthy Development Branch, Department of Health and Wellness.
- Caring for Kids, Canadian Paediatric Society
- Child Safety Link
- Nova Scotia Telecare service, call to get your health questions answered
Resources to make community change:
- Heart and Stroke Foundation, lots of information and ideas
- Active Transportation for Children and Youth
- Doctors Nova Scotia
- Health Promoting Schools
- Ecology Action Centre